Friday, March 29, 2013

Off and Away--Goodbye Dear London

Saturday, March 23, 2013:
Goodbye to London


I set my alarm from 5. 15 am with the idea of leaving the house by 5. 45 am to catch the 6. 03 am train from Holborn Tube station to get me to Heathrow airport. It was my idea to hail a cab from Amen Court to get to Holborn but when I was ready to leave, I found that Edward was awake and offering to drop me by car to Holborn station. Needless to say, I was deeply grateful as it had begun raining. Although I was very lightly packed, I knew I would have a hard time trying to find a cab in the rain. The lift to Holborn made things very easy indeed and off I went on the earlier train (the 5. 50 am) to arrive at Heathrow at 7. 15 am. I was well in time to get into the line to reclaim the VAT on my Burberry jacket although the line moved slowly and it took me about half an hour to get to the front. Still, it was worth it.

I checked in, got my boarding pass and then set out to enjoy all my favorite stores in lovely spanking new Terminal 5 which is like one huge shopping mall. It wasn’t long before I was airborne and looking forward to a reunion with Llew after two whole weeks (somehow it felt longer).

It was still raining when we left London and within seconds all visibility was obliterated as we climbed ever higher into the sodden skies en route to America.

Bye for now, London. I will see you again soon, God willing.



No comments: