Saturday, April 13, 2019

Forgetting What Weekends Feel Like...

Saturday, April 13, 2019
Bombay

Forgetting What Weekends Feel Like...

     Namaste from Bombay!
     For the second weekend in succession, I have been chained to my laptop--so nothing exciting to report today.
     Awake at 5.30am, I blogged and downloaded The Sunday Times...although I haven't had a free moment to even glance at it on my iPad.
     I caught the bread man, got a broon, ate it with spreads and coffee for my brekkie and began transcribing. With a few calls and texts that I fielded in-between, I passed the day transcribing five interviews--but needless to say, I was chained to my computer! I stopped for lunch and had kheema mattar, cabbage and bread side dish with a chapati at each meal. In the process, I finished up the tomato-basil chutney in my fridge.
     I did not manage a nap today but I had a pot of tea with a few nuts. At 5.30, when I decided I had to stop, I left for Dad's and spent the evening with Russel while Dad remained glued to the TV watching the IPL cricket matches. My friend Marisa did call to find out if I was interested in attending a Palm Sunday musical evening at St. Andrew's Auditorium and I told her I would be happy to...but then she had an issue with her maid and told me she couldn't make it. I am beginning to feel lonely--despite the fact that I am so busy. I am beginning to understand what my cousin Blossom told me after becoming a widow. What you really miss, she said, is that you can no longer talk about things that you could only normally talk about with a spouse. How right she is! I can only imagine how lonely Llew feels at his end.
     I returned home to eat my dinner--same as lunch--and then sat down to watch The Sinner which I am finding simply compelling. I absolutely love it when actors underact--simply the most difficult kind of acting there is. And this actor, Bill Pullman, who plays the lead role is a master of underacting. But when my eyes started closing, I decided to bring the day to a close.
     I have whittled down the number of transcriptions I have to do from 40 to 12--following the loss of my Files on my computer! So you can just imagine how hard I have been working.
     Until tomorrow...


No comments: