Friday, July 18, 2008

M is for Media-Bags.

Snagged three of them M-Bags at the Post Office at Fairfield, Connecticut, this morning (thanks to my pal Delyse) and discovered that the M stands for Media, as in books, files, tapes, DVDs and CDs--anything that might be classified as Media can travel across the pond at a special rate. Anything that falls outside the scope of the media as in clothes, jewlery, kitchen appliances and other doodads cost a whopping amount more to ship.

Armed with those bags and my aforementioned boxes, I am in editing mode--weeding out the dispensables from my life and retaining the barest bones. Being the compulsive list-maker that I am, my lists are growing: Materials related to the courses I will teach, Materials related to the book I am researching, Materials related to the trips I want to take, Materials related to Pampering my inner Domestic Diva, etc. etc.

Might need an M-Bag to stash all these lists!

No comments: