Thursday, March 21, 2019

Another Uneventful Day!

Wednesday, March 20, 2019
Bombay

Another Uneventful Day!
 
     Namaste from Bombay!
     Sadly, today was another routine day--I had kept it free in light of Dad's oral surgery. If he needed help, I wanted to make sure, I would be free to help him. As it turned out, these down time days have helped me catchup with the downloading of my documents. I am feeling far happier now than I have done in days--because I have actually managed to salvage quite a lot of my files. I have also learned, through this crisis, how to save my files on Google Drive and also how important it is to email them to myself through my NYU email as soon as I am done with transcribing each interview. I have always been a believer in the wisdom that comes from mistakes--and I have taken a load of lessons from this. So there!
     I awoke, ate my muesli breakfast with coffee while watching a few clips on The Graham Norton Show--ones with Stephen Fry and Hugh Laurie. It is really amazing what you can find on You Tube. I then went to the gym and because I have lost at least six pounds in the past two weeks, I really stepped it up at the Gym. The result was that I returned home exhausted to jump into the shower.
      Then, I continued with my downloads. I also decided to tackle the formatting of Chapter 1 of my forthcoming memoir which had been sent to me by my Editor, Brooke. I found that I could not understand her instructions and so I called Michelle to find out if I could pick her brain. She was game.
     I then had my lunch--finished the last of my dal with drumsticks, my cabbage and meatball curry--and then off I went to Michelle's. She told me exactly what I should do and how to figure out the formatting. I sent a sample chapter to Brooke and hope that I have understood now what I am supposed to do.
     Back home, I took a short nap but was awakened by someone calling to fix up an appointment for an interview--Jeff Goldberg--who runs an Acting School in Bandra. I will be seeing him tomorrow (Friday). Being that I was awake, I made myself some lovely hot lemony tea which I had with nuts before I got ready to go to see my friend Sharon who lost her father recently and is returning to Toronto on Monday.  We had a very nice visit for about 45 minutes after which I said goodbye and rushed off to church for the 6.45 pm Novena followed by Mass.
     After Mass, I went over to Dad's to visit with Russel as I had not seen him today--however, I did not stay long as it was time for his dinner and I was keen to get home. I bought myself a few fresh vegetables as I had finished up my tiffin. Back home, I made myself a salad with lettuce, broccoli, tomatoes, cucumber, figs. blue cheese, nuts and a garlic lemon vinaigrette. I had my salad with a cup of Golden Vegetable soup as I watched another episode of Vera. IT felt fabulous to eat a salad after such a long time.
     These down time days have indeed allowed me to catch up with a lot of my downloading of Documents from my NYU email and I will now turn to the transcribing of interviews I have done in the past two weeks--without my laptop at home, I could not transcribe them.  So I have a lot of work cut out for me as I transcribe about 45 interviews!!! But there you go--the longest journey begins with the first step: and I am rarin' to get goin' again!
     Until tomorrow... 
     

No comments: