Monday, March 25, 2019

Working Hard to Play Catch-Up

Monday, March 25, 2019
Bombay

Working Hard to Play Catch-Up

     Namaste from Bombay!
     As it turns out, I did not have any appointments today and so I was able to play catch-up on the many interviews I now need to re-transcribe after losing them all in my recent computer crisis. So upon waking, I began typing right away, then blogged, breakfasted on muesli and coffee and continued working again.
     I took a break only to have a shower and shampoo and then was back at my laptop. Slowly but surely, the interviews are being done and a good thing about re-visiting them is that I can now make connections between things people have told me and the views they have shared with me.
     I stopped again for lunch: although I received a new meal today, I still have leftovers from my old one--and so I finished them. I took a much-needed nap for about half an hour (as I had been kept up for more than half the night by a single pesky mosquito that I simply could not nab). Then it was back to the drawing board again for another transcription. By the time I finished at 5.00 pm for a pot of hot lemon tea and nuts, I had transcribed five interviews. 
     This was more than enough work for a day and so I dressed and went to Dad's, a bit earlier than usual. I spent about an hour with Russel as Dad showered and got ready for Mass and we left for church together on the feast of the Annunciation.
     Back home, I had my dinner--my new tiffin of dal, chicken curry and okra. While eating I watched Hinterland as I am not able to access any more Vera episodes on You Tube for copyright reasons. I had an early night, switching off the light by 10.15 pm.
     Until tomorrow...
 
   

No comments: