Friday, December 30, 2022

Culling Through Book Collection. Off to Charity Shops.

Culling Through Book Collection. Off to Charity Shops. 

Monday, October 17, 2022

Southport, Connecticut


Day 4 of Operation Relocation finds me with a  sore arm (4th Covid booster vaccination yesterday) & slight body ache. 


Taught 3 1-hour online Tutorials in the morning.


 Culling through books, papers & memorabilia in our Media Room & Guest  Room; drove to Pequot Library to pick up empty boxes; collapsed boxes were reassembled by me (Llew was at work all day in Manhattan);my friend Bonnie came over in the afternoon and together we moved a lot of stuff from my basement to each of our cars for transport to Goodwill (charity shop). 


 I next went to Carousel, another charity shop with slightly better looking items. Badly needed a break so rushed to Dairy Queen, my favorite ice-cream parlor for a Chocolate Blizzard as only my friend there, Beth-Ann, the manager, knows how to make them. Ice-cream Break done (I worked hard to fight sleep that  becomes insistent about 5 pm), then tackled my books—what to donate to the Pequot Library, what to put into my estate sale this weekend, what to ship to Bombay. The hardest part is letting my coffee table books go! In the end, I have put them in my estate sale too. If they do not get snapped up, I shall donate them to the library. When Llew returned home, we had a TV dinner and being totally beat by then, I took a shower and hit the sack at 9 pm. Another productive day ended.



No comments: