Friday, December 30, 2022

Friends Picking Out Memorabilia! And Culling Through Keepsakes from my Daughter's Life.

 

Friends Picking Out Memorabilia! And Culling Through Keepsakes from my Daughter's Life. 

Wednesday-Friday, October 12014, 2022

Southport, Connecticut

Getting Ready for Estate Sale                                                                

Day 5 of Operation Relocation 

...meant no tutorial classes today but ceaseless culling & curating in my kitchen cabinets, basement, dining room & bar. Upstairs, I sorted through my books (giving a lot of books that were personally inscribed for me and signed by their authors). Simply no way I’d have space for them in India. 

Trawled through my table linen closet and through my hall closet to sort through, fold and give away winter scarves. 


Almost Eve of Estate Sale Day! I seriously did not know I had all these possessions! Half a coffee table covered with candles!


Very proud of my efforts! Have accomplished all this SINGLE-HANDEDLY as Llew has been continuing to work all day and is chained to his study.


My brother and his wife have taken some living room furniture. Will come and take a look tmrw but say they’re maxed out, space-wise, and don’t want to pick up anything if they cannot accommodate it.


All my friends are coming in and picking something by which to remember me. I am just giving it away to them. Bonnie had taken a large glass platter. Says she will use it for appetizers or dessert during Dinner Club evenings—so that Llew and I remain in their midst. Amy picked up a large, tall, green glass bottle to go with her new decor. Will also be cherished, she says, as a reminder of us. Mary-Lauren picked out a Birkin bag. Says, “I love that bag. It will always remind me of you!”


Found a whole suitcase filled with memorabilia, in my attic, from Chriselle’s babyhood and childhood. All the tiny little outfits I sewed for her and then embroidered; her first feeding bottle; her first sipper; the cardigan my Mum knitted for her; her baby blanket; the crocheted outfit that she modeled in Eve’s Weekly as a child; each one of her school uniforms through various grades—LKG, UKG, Primary School, Middle School… everything labelled and catalogued by me four decades ago!!!! Will be passing it all in to her now! Fighting terribly nostalgic tears….

No comments: